When you’re always on the go, it’s easy to get disconnected from your guy and your own sexuality. (Trust me, I’ve been there!)
Here’s my favorite way to get back in touch with my body: Wide Leg Squat to Lizard Lunge to Frog Pose.:
This sexy series encourages blood flow below the belt,…
Better sex, you say? SOLD!!
It’s Thanksgiving, and I thought I should record my weight loss before I gain a few pounds this afternoon.
I only lost 4 pounds since October 1st, but I’ve made some very significant gains in muscle mass and strength!! So it goes both ways with getting healthier. Just because I don’t lose weight doesn’t necessarily mean I am not getting healthier.
Now I’m able to bench 205 lbs and I’m able to squat 275. I used to not be able to bench more than 150 lbs and I was able to barely squat my former body weight before the semester.
So while I am not losing weight, I can tell I’m losing fat because it came to my attention recently that my cheeks look thinner on my face! So I can tell I’ve lost weight just by smiling now, and that is pretty awesome.
Well, I think I’m going to go gain about 2 or 3 pounds in a few hours. I swear my new tennis shoes (my goal for when I get down to 215 lbs) will never come. lol But I know they will sooner than I think.
For everyone else about to have a happy thanksgiving, don’t let the festivities get you down. Be thankful that you still have the ability to work it all off!
Peace out, and stay on that Journey to Fitness! :)
Effects of Kissing:
- Long kisses are beneficial to our circulatory system. When kissing, our pulse rate is quickening up to 110 beats per minute. This is a great training for our cardiovascular system.
- After kissing, the lungs work harder, resulting in 60 inhales per minute compared to regular 20 inhales. Such “ventilation” is a good preventive measure against lung diseases.
- Some dentists believe that kissing is a preventive measure against dental caries. Indeed, kissing stimulates the flow of saliva that eliminates acid coat on the teeth.
- Kisses that last more than three minutes help us fight stress and its effects. Long kisses trigger the chain of biochemical reactions, which destroys stress hormones.
- Those who kiss their partner goodbye each morning live five years longer than those who don’t.
- Kissing is great for self-esteem. It makes you feel appreciated and helps your state of mind.
- Kissing burns calories, 2-3 calories a minute and can double your metabolic rate. Research claims that three passionate kisses a day (at least lasting 20 seconds each) will cause you to loose an entire extra pound.
- Kissing is a known stress-reliever. Passionate kissing relieves tension, reduces negative energy and produces a sense of well being, lowering your cortisol ‘stress’ hormone.
- Kissing uses 30 facial muscles and it helps keep the facial muscles tight, preventing baggy cheeks! The tension in the muscles caused by a passionate kiss helps smooth the skin and increases the circulation.
- Kissing is good for the heart, as it creates an adrenaline which causes your heart to pump more blood around your body. Frequent kissing has scientifically been proven to stabilize cardiovascular activity, decrease blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Those who kiss quite frequently are less likely to suffer from stomach, bladder and blood infections.
- During a kiss, natural antibiotics are secreted in the saliva. Also, the saliva contains a type of anesthetic that helps relieve pain.
- Kissing reduces anxiety and stops the ‘noise’ in your mind. It increases the levels of oxytocin, an extremely calming hormone that produces a feeling of peace.
Great advice. I’m going to most certainly do some passionate kissing much more often. And of course kissing leads to much more sexual activity, which in turn burns more calories. (*ahem* according to my own research!)
I am down 10 pounds in the last 2 months. :D So I’ve gone from 230 to 220. I think I deserve some apple slices and caramel. Normally I’d say I deserve Chinese food, but I don’t want to gain 10 pounds back. lol
Glad to share my progress. I partially blame myself for having the flu for a little while. I swear that took off a few pounds just by being ill. But it also helps that I cut out soda from my diet, so now I only drink diet Sierra Mist, if any soda at all.
I’ve also been eating lots of apples. Those guys are filling!
Love you all, and keep up with the health and fitness, my few followers.
I’ve not been neglecting my workouts. I’ve been helping my in-laws with odds and ends here and there.
Want to know a hell of a workout, and a great way to make money at the same time? Laying concrete. You do plenty of lunges, squatting, moving tons of heavy material, and it tests your endurance of what you can do in a few hours of hard work. I helped my wife’s dad and grandfather lay it out and trowel it to smooth it out.
I’ve also helped out by moving clutter and junk out of my mother-in-laws. Box after box, up and down the stairs, this was a good way to get calories burned.
So… chores around the house and hard labor is a good way to burn some extra calories, and you don’t feel guilty for missing a few workout days. I sure don’t at least because my muscles were sore and my body was tired after a few days of helping everyone.
I get to help out yet again today! Regardless what I help with, I know that I’ll work hard at it.
Regardless, I can’t wait to get back to my usual means of exercise!
I can’t wait to have a thinner and stronger body. I can show my lean self off in one of these in the future!! :)